Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Am A Toe Ring Slut

Anyone who has ever seen me during warm weather knows that I am a Toe Ring Slut. Funny thing is, I don’t have a foot fetish. I don’t even particularly like feet. I do, however, like my toes and let’s face it, no one sees those little piggies more than the one person always standing over them.

So how does this equate to writing erotic romance? They’re sexy, of course! We’ve talked about a number of things that can bring on the mood: certain music, movies, photos, even acts of chivalry. I say yes to all of those things, too. But there’s also something about walking around feeling like you’re wearing something special that does the trick, especially in public, though I have to say, they do look great with a negligee. Just don’t wear that particular combo to the grocery store.

Oh, and no, that picture above is not me. I did take a picture of most of my collection, including one that came straight from Ashlyn Chase’s Great Adventure to India. The box showcasing them came from there, too.



So if you are ever at a book signing or conference I’m attending, and I’m wearing open-toed shoes/sandals, look down. Chances are high that I‘m wearing at least two toe rings. I even own enough of them to occasionally (gasp) double-ring one toe. By the way, if you’re wondering, trust me - that looks best on the 2nd digit.

Better yet, check with me. We Toe Ring Sluts like to share, and I usually have one or two virgin rings on hand (so to speak!) as giveaways. A couple of those are in the pic, too, still with their tags.

15 comments:

Michelle Polaris said...

Hey Dalton,
I didn't realize this about you. I need toe ring advice. I'm thinking of getting one. Any need to know info is appreciated. I totally see how they make someone feel sexy wearing them. Oooh, I'm getting excited.

Dalton Diaz said...

Start small, so you'll know if wearing them bothers you. Some people find that they can't stand the feeling of something foreign on and under their toes, but it doesn't bother me and I'm usually hyper-sensitive.

I'd go with one that stretches to start, like the ones in the pic that have the almost invisible band. In fact, I'll start you off with one of my giveaways. We can be Toe Ring Sluts together at Romanticon!

Wynter Daniels said...

You're a woman after my own heart. I love toe rings, but I often forget to wear them. I think a woman's feet can be very sexy if properly pedicured and bedazzled!

Dalton Diaz said...

Bedazzling your toes...never thought of it that way! LOL!

Christine H said...

Hi DD, I can not believe I've never worn or had a toe ring. I love to get pedicures and love having my toes painted bright colors! I think that looks so sexy. I'm so glad you mentioned this. I believe this is what my feet are missing. Where do you find toe rings? And do you have to try them on or all they one size fits all?

I love your collection of toe rings. My BF has a collection of rings but I don't know anyone else with a collection of toe rings like that! lol I think it's awesome! Thanks for sharing and don't forget to tell me where to look for them and about sizing too.

Thanks & Hugs, Christine

Amber Skyze said...

Great collection of toe rings, DD.
I agree they compliment a nice pedicure.

Dalton Diaz said...

Christine, I only get the ones that are one size fits all. For metal, that's the ones that don't form a complete circle (which is why I could hang them over the edge of the box). They are pliable, and can be tightened/loosened to fit and get on and off. They do eventually break, but they average $5 - $10 ea, so you get your wear out of them. I will buy circles, but only if they are on a stretch band. Those are actually easier to get on and off, too.

Dalton Diaz said...

Thanks, Amber. A toe ring for all occasions!

Ashlyn Chase said...

I love that about you. You're easy to buy for.

I never thought about it getting a person in the mood, but it makes sense. When I feel 'pretty' I'm more apt to throw myself at my husband. Luckily, he's always ready to catch me. (grin)

Ash

Dalton Diaz said...

Just remember, Ash, don't wear them with a negligee to the grocery store.

Mai said...

Always good to find out new interesting tidbits about DD. Love the toe rings!! When I meet you the first thing i'm doing is looking down, lol.

Dalton Diaz said...

LOL, Mai! Yeah, that's people's usual reaction, tho not all the way to the ground. Followed by me saying, "Eyes up here, bud!"

Savannah Stuart said...

I love toe rings too! I'm all about accessorizing. Probably b/c I'm always wearing sandals :)

Jina Bacarr said...

Super post, Dalton, and very apropos for a hot summer day! I like the idea of wearing toe rings to get into the mood...writing, that is. All you need is a silky plump pillow to rest your feet on as you type!

Dalton Diaz said...

Savannah, I wish we lived in warm weather year round. Toe rings every day!

Jina, don't forget the Bon-Bons!