Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bring on the wine and candles ...

I’ve noticed a trend during the past few months while checking the stats on my blog. It seems like a lot of people have nookie on the brain when they stumble upon my website. Imagine that! Heehee ...

One of the top searches that has led people to my site is the quest to find great "lovemaking songs". I blogged on the subject in August 2009, and it's still the most viewed post of the 212 entries I've made on my blog so far. And it was just a random post too, because I couldn't think of anything else to talk about (kind of like right now. LOL)

I know, as authors, we tend to stick to certain types of music to get us "in the mood" to write our stories, but I can honestly say that not many of these songs top my list, except for maybe Duran Duran and Moody Blues. Most of these I've never even heard of. I can't recall where I got the list from, but I do remember stumbling across it one day while doing some research online for a story.

So ... tell me what you think about it. Was the list-gatherer, whoever he or she might be, on the right track? Do any of these melt your heart into a puddle? Inquiring minds want to know. *wink*

1. Nights In White Satin – Moody Blues
2. Love Song – Polyrock
3. The Crystal Ship – The Doors
4. Same Deep Water As You – The Cure
5. Come Undone – Duran Duran
6. Fade Into You – Mazzy Star
7. Great Gig In The Sky- Pink Floyd
8. Water – The Sugarcubes
9. Remnants of a Deeper Purity – Black Tape for a Blue Girl
10. Breathing – Kate Bush
11. Don’t Stop The Dance – Bryan Ferry
12. Mystery Faith and Love – Ofra Haza
13. Drifting – Lycia
14. Dream of Life – Patti Smith
15. el Pedregal – Love Spirals Downwards
16. All I Want is You – U2
17. Christiansands – Tricky

9 comments:

Savannah Stuart said...

None of those songs are on my list. I'm more of a Marvin Gaye fan. Pop in 'Let's get it on' and I'm good to go! Oh, and I also dig Dido as far as 'mood' music ;)

Dalton Diaz said...

What about the classics? Bolero and Led Zep's Kashmir.
One of my faves to put me in the mood to write a love scene is Take My Breath Away by Berlin.

Great post!

Cara McKenna said...

Last year I took a poll of my RWA chapter (Dalton, Michelle, Ash, hollah) asking what our favorite songs are for getting in the mood to write the juicy bits of our stories. Since most of us were romance writers, it included some sweeter selections. You can view and listen to our selections for free HERE.

Chris Isaak was nominated like eight to one more than any other song!

Wynter said...

None of those are on my list, either. I'm a fan of anything by Sade, 'When a Man Loves a Woman' by Percy Sledge, Bolero is good, too.

Michelle Polaris said...

None on my list. Currently I have a sound machine that has a beating heart setting. That comes in handy for a certain kind of mood. I think it's supposed to be comforting, although I don't think of it that way.

Naima Simone said...

Okay...wow. None of those ring a bell much less are on my list. I love Duran Duran but not that song. You know what is currently on my list that I hadn't heard in a long time? "Living in Sin" by Bon Jovi! But old favorites that are on the list are "With or Without You" by U2 and "One More Night" by Phil Collins. And ooh! Ooh! "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister--I think it's Mr. Mister...anyway, love the song!!!

Anonymous said...

Broken Wings - now that brings back memories. Ya'll have great taste in mood music. :)

Jina Bacarr said...

I like your list, Stephanie, very eclectic! I listen to U2--and also to jazz, classical and spacemusic.

Lorenna McKennitt's music is always melodic and heartrending.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the comments, ladies. :)