Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm in India!

Or, I might be on a plane coming home...actually. I hope to share loads of inspiration with you in the form of upcoming books.

I love the fact that I can write a blog two or three weeks in advance and set it to post when it should. Last time I blogged I was probably on a puddle-jumper going from Bangalore to Chennai. This Saturday I should be on my way to London where we'll stop before heading home to Boston.

I've visited foreign lands before. When I was a kid, my dad traveled all over North America. I saw all the Canadian Provinces by the time I was 12. I love Canada--British Columbia was my favorite!

I've been to Mexico both on the east and west coasts. I liked the Yucatan (east coast) and Cozumel. That's where we spent our honeymoon. But how could a person not love where they spent their honeymoon?

When I was a teen (stupid an adventurous) I went to Europe. I was with a ski group, but I left them foolishly sliding down the same mountains over and over and took off on my own. I saw Italy and Germany, even though I was staying in Austria. I loved Germany. I felt safe there. An 18 year-old American girl can pretty much count on being man-handled in some other European countries.

When I was 25, I sold my engagement ring (from my first rotten marriage) and bought a ticket to London. I toured all over the country on trains and with a friend when her husband was able to drive us. I loved Stonehenge and Winchester. I even went to see the place my home town was named after, Reading. I had NO money, but I never had so much fun.

In fact, now that I think of it...this is the first time I'll be visiting a special place with more than $30.00 in my pocket. And with all the bargains over there... Well, can I just say--stay tuned for news of contests with some really cool prizes! Santa went shopping in India this year!

Visit my yahoo loop, Ashlyn's New Best Friends. That's where I have my spontaneous contests. (wink)

Ash
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ashlynsnewbestfriends/

7 comments:

Katie Reus said...

I can't wait to hear more of your travel stories! My favorite trip was when my sister and I backpacked across Ireland. No sense of direction or clue what we were doing yet we met the nicest people and had the best time.

Naima Simone said...

Hi, Ashlyn!
Your passport must look like it's been tattooed! LOL! I can't wait to read future blogs about your travels. I, unfortunately, have only seen India on documentaries and "The Amazing Race"!

My favorite trip was to the western counties of Ireland (me too, Katie!!) and it was AMAZING!! I want to go back some day! I have to agree with Katie. The hospitality, kindness, humor and good cheer of the Irish made the trip wonderful--well, that and the gorgeous scenery!

Wynter said...

Wow - how exciting! I traveled to central Europe when I was a kid and to Scandinavia as a teenager. All my other traveling has been on the North American continent, which I love - particularly the American southwest. But India must be so exotic. Lucky, lucky girl!

Stephanie Adkins said...

I looked at your pictures, Ash, and they are awesome! I sooo envy you. :) Sending you safe traveling prayers. Let us know when you get home! *Hugs*

Jina Bacarr said...

Wishing you a safe trip home, Ashlyn! I love to travel as well--I remember being in Rome years ago with only a few dollars in lire left in my pocket, then I met... well, I think I'll save that for a story someday.

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

I'm back! Happy to say the experience was absolutely incredible! But I feel so blessed and lucky for all I previously took for granted.

Updates on my personal news blog.

Ash

Dalton Diaz said...

So glad to hear you're back and that it was so much fun. BTW, you're banned from leaving for so long again. I'm just sayin'...